Re: [VAL] Re: wheel for spare tire

I have heard of others that have used truck wheels successfully. The
problem lies in the weight rating of truck wheels, they usually don't
hit the minimum mark of 2600lbs.
They are often also not suitable for tires with a load range of D and
the associated high inflation pressure.
But then again, it's for a spare, so maybe not that important.
There may be liability issues, but I am not sure of this. It's just as
easy to buy a designated trailer wheel, perhaps from a place like this:
  www.trailerwheelsandtires.net
I just ordered new alloys for my Overlander. This website actually has
what looks like original Airstream wheels, including the late model
5-star rims.
Uwe Salwender
Orange CA