[VAL] Der Kleine Prinz

I have not seen any more info/history on this trailer - and I managed to
delete my files...so can't reference it except from memory.

If it was the shortest Airstream - that means it was smaller than a
Cruisette 15'.

The Bubble technically came on the market in 1955 - at 16'

I remember looking at the photos of Der Kleine Prinz - and it was certainly
not derived directly from a Bubble - it appeared to be more of a shortened
Pacer.

Did anyone happen to measure it?

Here is a suggestion - if it's a factory built custom or prototype:

In 1953 Wally and Stella travelled around Europe with a Bubble (two years
prior to it's retail debut).  They were attending the "International Trailer
Rally" in Copenhagen.

In 1955 they were back in Europe with a Bubble - towing it with a
Volkswagen.  I seem to remember reading someplace that the VW was a VW bus.
Wally suggested that while not having the power of a Cadillac - the VW did a
solid job - "without hurting itself"....and..."there was nothing it couldn't
do" (and he was towing in the Alps).  They were doing their research for the
upcoming route of the 1956 European Caravan.

In 1957 - NSU (a German auto manufacturer with a history dating back to
Belgium in 1905 - and the first auto company to put a Wankel rotary on the
road in 1964) - went back into the car business after rebuilding itself -
post WW2.

NSU built small vehicles at that time - one model was called the Prinz.

Wally had a fascination with Europe and the caravans they built...and most
likely their vehicles too.

Might it be - that with his eye always on "the next good marketing
idea"....after his experience towing a Bubble with a VW van in 1955....that
he had the factory work on an even smaller model with an eye on the European
market?

RL