RE: [VAL] 1965 Caravel-generator

Daisy,
I put a yellow top optima battery in mine and can run the heat all night
without a generator even in those cold temperatures.  When I dry camped, I
would run the gen about a half an hour in the AM while showering and getting
ready then again for a couple of hours while preparing dinner etc.  I could
run my microwave, charge the system, etc., and run about anything I needed.
On a 7-day trip I would use very little gas and was very comfortable.  Of
course, I was out of the trailer all day so I lowered the thermostat while I
was gone.  Worked very well for me.

On a safety note, if you do use a LP furnace I would recommend a carbon
monoxide monitor in your camper in addition to a smoke detector.
Pete