RE: [VAL] 1965 Caravel-generator

Ann,
I've had a Honda EU 2000 for several years and highly recommend it.  It is
very quiet and lightweight.  They are expensive at about $900 but in my mind
well worth the cost.  If you ever want to run AC in your camper, you can get
a second one and hook the two together.  Honda also makes a 3000 but it is
heavier and more expensive than two 2000s.

A small electric heater should not over load the electrical system, but may
not provide much comfort depending on the temperature.  Also be careful of
tipping or tripping on the heater and cord especially with your labs.  I use
my gas heater a lot, especially in very cold (15 degree) weather and love
it.  I did replace the original with a new one as I didn't trust the older
model either.  It has electronic ignition which is a must for convenience
and safety.

Pete