Re: [VAL] holes in belly pan

Good teaching, no matter the subject matter, is geared to
the person asking the question.

It is entirely possible to make concours level repairs on a
belly pan hole, but my intent was to help folks who are new
to pop rivets and emergency repairs on aluminum, who want to
keep rodents and rain out.

It is also my intent to encourage new owners of Airstreams
to develope the confidence and skills to repair and care for
them. What better place to start than on a small hole in the
belly pan?  What might look like a kid's work with scissors
and paste to you, might look like a major triumph to someone
doing it for the first time, who has neither the tools nor
the expertise to do aircraft worthy work (yet).

I'm sure we can count on you to instruct at that level when
the time comes.

Daisy