RE: [VAL] holes in belly pan

Ouch Tom!
We're talking about belly skin not the shuttle.  I was in the aviation
industry for over 30 years and know of all the procedures offered.  I also
know that on the belly skin most are overkill.  There is no structural
integrity in the belly skin and except for aestetics there is no reason for
flush patches and the like.  Daisy was right on when she pointed out the
real issues - that some protection was required for the electrical
connection and chafing.

I enjoy reading all of the repair techniques offered on the list from the
most technical to the practical and believe that there are many ways to
"properly" repair our trailers.
Just my $.02
Pete