[VAL] Bi-fold door pin blues no more!

    All and Gerald,

    Well the bi-fold door pin issue is resolved.  I did a little of this and
a little of that and now have it working just like downtown.

    The original pin must have been 1/4" and over time it wore the wood hole
egg shaped enough to eventually fall out.  The fix was to run down to the
hardware store for a short piece of vinyl tubing with a 1/4" ID and a 3/8"
OD.  I then hand turned twist drills into the old hole, slowly enlarging it
to 3/8".  There wasn't enough room over the door to use a power tool, hence
the hand turning of the drills.  As a matter of fact the 3/8" drill almost
didn't fit over the door at all.

    Once drilled out to a depth of 1 1/4", I cut the tubing the same and
pressed it into the hole.  It was somewhat of a tight fit and that's just
fine.  The modified 1/4-20 bolt with Nylon washer under the head slid into
the track just fine but interfered with the round head sheet metal screws
holding the track up.  I went to flat head screws and now it works just
great.

    Although a bit on the simple side, here's hoping that others with
similar problems can use this trick.  It's darned sure that new pin isn't
ever going to round out that hole again.

    One more down, 10,795 projects to go.  ; - )

    Regards to all,

    Glyn

    Thanks to all who responded both on this list and back channel.