[VAL] high-tech stuff for the Airstream

High-tech stuff for the Airstream trailer

I am seriously considering adding a camera, transmitter, receiver and small
screen display to use when towing our Airstream trailers.  I would like to do
this for many reasons especially safety when on the highway and also when
backing up in parking lots or campgrounds.

Does anyone know any brand names of the camera types used in motorhomes today?
I'm envisioning an all-weather waterproof type of camera and housing with a
wide view lens which will also 'see' back to about 100' and which can be used
day or night.  I've seen some security cameras which have LEDs in the IR
category that will let you 'see' at night - don't know if there's any
difference between that type and what I'm trying to find for my needs.

What I'm looking for would be operated in the 2.4Ghz frequency range, would be
wireless and weather/waterproof and be able to transmit between the rear of
the Airstream and the front seats of the tow vehicle.

I talked to one fellow Airstreamer at the Homecoming 2005 as he was walking
around and looking at the ends of all the trailers nearby where we were
parked.  This fellow asked me if I'd seen anything like a rear-view camera on
any trailers before - I haven't.

Any help or comments on this idea would be appreciated.  There just may be a
market out there for something like this.

Tom
WBCCI 5303