Re: [VAL] Adaptability - retaining the Look and Feel

I posted that an FM loop of information could be broadcasting the
announcements over and over, all you'd have to do is tune into the frequency
at your leisure and when you were in the area.

I'm not for replacing the CB radios, far from it.  I AM for having
*additional* ways of spreading information via a very small FM transmitter -
which can be done for a small local area.  For instance, huge warehouses
have been doing this for a long time in the business sector and I see no
reason why we couldn't utilize the same idea.

If you weren't within range of the CB radio announcements at the time they
were made (what was it, 3 PM or 4 PM?) then you stayed uninformed about what
was talked about.  An FM looped announcement for the camping area could
easily be done similar to what the Park Service does.

Tom