RE: [VAL] CA to CO route advice?

      Rob,

We live in Montrose, CO and I agree with your route plans with a few
exceptions.  Instead of going to I-70 via I-15 in Utah, we prefer to take US
6 at Spanish Fork (just South of Provo) over Soldier Summit and over to I-70
near Green River.  This route avoids the San Rafael Swell portion of I-70
and is a very good road.

Living in Montrose we travel over Monarch Pass frequently.  In the past I
have had many occasions to pull a 22' Flying Cloud and 24' Tradewind with a
Ford Bronco (351 CI) over Monarch Pass.  I prefer the one pass over the two
pass route on I-70.

Virgil and Sheila Turner
WBCCI #4306
1966 Tradewind