Re: [VAL] New Axles

You need to order the next size up axle, with the 6-lug hydraulic disc
brakes. I recently did that, and they're impressive, to say the least.
Their 6-bolt disc brake is like a front brake on a 1-ton truck, if not
bigger. They use 4-piston calipers, and very massive hardware all
around.
You have to specify exactly want, which is basically a 5000lb axle with
3500lb rubber suspension rods, and different torsion arms.
This is the same problem you will encounter if you order 3500lb axles
from Dexter with drum brakes, electric or hydraulic.
I bought 2 3000lb axles for my 1963 Overlander project, with their
hydraulic disc brake system, actuator and all.
Uwe Salwender
Orange CA