[VAL] New Axles

For the past year I have been weighing the the different  possibilities about
replacing the axles on The Silver Albatross I had toyed with  the Ida of air
suspension and finally ruled it out as nearly $6000.00 was a bit  much. I have
received a quote on Dexter 3500 lb 6 lug axles fitted with  hydraulic drum
breaks at$369.50 each and the hydraulic controller with break  away switch
at$779.00 .Complete insulation will be under $2000.00.I wanted disk  breaks but
Dexter cannot supply them for the 6 lug wheels in this weight range.  has anyone
on the list had any experience with the hydraulic drum breaks I think  they
should be better than the electric breaks.
Red Neck trailer supply sad if I would bring in an axle they  will have
Dexter match it I feel comfortable with Dexter as I know they  supply axles for
many cargo and horse trailers and are not a fly by night  outfit.
Jim Smith