Re: [VAL] A/C topic -- how do I know if I have a drip pan?

Marg,

In 1971 the factory original AC unit was an Armstrong unit. Airstream
did use a Coleman unit after the Armstrongs were phased out in the late
70's. I believe it was a Delta TX model. I do know it was one of the few
that had an exterior air option rather than just recycling interior air
as nearly all do. This Coleman was the only one Airstream had a drain
pan made for to fit on their coach. It was quite a bit larger than any
other unit and does not fit any of the current model Coleman's.
So check the controls on your AC and if it does not offer a setting for
outside air it is a retrofit and likely does not have a drain pan.

Charlie