[VAL] Hunter re:Vanessa re: Sport Camping and Camping World

Yes, we.  Our 1969 29' International Ambassador has the original Armstrong
air-conditioner still to this day.  When the time comes that it needs work
if it ever does, I plan to have any problem areas rebuilt.  The old
Armstrong's were made for commercial applications as you probably already
know.

What I said to Vanessa was in regards to her having old trailers that did
*not originally have air-conditioners installed*.  There are a lot of
members here who have new or used Dometic Penguins installed on their
vintage Airstreams that did not originally have them.  Patti R is a good
case in point as her 1950's vintage Airstream has a new air-conditioner from
Dometic if I recall correctly.

So yes, it really is 'we' - as in we who have Airstream travel trailers such
as you and I.  I know that  your Airstream is a mid-90's version as is our
1995 34' Classic FK.  However, those of us who want air-conditioning have it
and those that don't won't have any part of it usually.

I saw many vintage units of varying ages in Ohio at the Homecoming 2005
recently that did not have an air-conditioner installed.  My hat is off to
anyone who cares to brave the 90 degree plus temperatures of the Mid-West
and all that humidity with just 3-amps of electricity, a light bulb and a
small fan.  That is neither you or me or lots of others but then again we
aren't purists either.

It was nice to *see* you in person at the Homecoming 2005, Hunter.  Too bad
we didn't have time to talk a little but all of us stayed busy with
activities.  Hope you got to see our 3 Afghan Hounds and our Rottweiler from
your vantage point - we could see you playing lots of Frisbee. ;)

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303