[VAL] Cool Air Just before I blew a gasket...

All

I have been watching all the AC problems.  Just found mine.  The
installer!!!!!   I had spent several hours trying to find the problem.  I
did not get a manual with the new AC. Nor did I receive an installation
guide.  Well anyway..... I had power to the AC and could not get it to fire
up.  Had a friend stop by with more tech knowledge than me.  I explained my
problem.  He agreed that it was not getting power.  I asked about the two
plugin for wires.  One should be for the addition of heat strips but what
was the other one for???   We started to disassemble the unit.  After
getting it about halfway uninstalled, I could see that the professional had
taped the wiring to the housing in an area the could not be seen.  Pulled
out the pigtail and plugged it into the socket.  Powerup and cool air. By
the time I found the "professional's work"   I needed the cool air.   At
least for this day I can say we are making progress with our rebuild.  Now
on to the professional's 12 volt wiring.
Dan
14148
69 Caravel