[VAL] RE: 12 v Thin-Lite fixtures

Perhaps Dr. Gerald can answer this one. I recently changed out the cool
white fluorescent tubes in my 12 v Thin-Lite fixtures with Sylvania
"Kitchen & Bath" tubes. The warmer color is a big improvement over the
cool whites. However, I am now experiencing problems with getting the
Thin-Lites to turn on. They act as though the tubes are not seated
properly or as if the ballast is going bad - to get them going I have to
tap them. So, whenever the tubes are changed is it also a good idea to
change the ballast also? Or are the pins on the ends of the tubes just a
slightly different size and are not making a good connection? The
Thin-Lites are only about three years old, and when the cool white tubes
were in the light fixtures they worked perfectly.
Forrest