Re: [VAL] Re:Camping World

I wonder if anyone here has hired Camping World to install a Dometic Penguin
air-conditioner.  This is the very first time in 20 years of dealing with
Camping World that I've run into what I consider to be un-business-like.

I also contacted Dometic's home office, talked to someone there and GAVE the
Dometic number for the drain pan kit to the store manager at Camping World.
I saved them time, told them they have or will have problems if any
Airstream owner comes to them for an air-conditioner replacement, an
original Dometic Penguin.  The other Dometic brands don't use a drain pan -
these are the Brisk Air machines that leak all over the roof and down the
sides of SOB's.

I also told the store manager that it was nothing personal but I'd like his
company to change their policy so that WHEN an Airstream owner shows up to
purchase a big ticket item like the Dometic Penguin they will KEEP their
business.  After all, the Airstream dealer charges over $850.00 for the SAME
Dometic Penguin 13,500 btu air-conditioner.

Now, the Airstream dealer had a couple of pan kits laying around the
warehouse one of which I am picking up tomorrow.  But, the Camping World
manager turned a deaf ear when I suggested to him that HIS company would
pick up business IF they meet the needs of the Airstream owner.

All of my "ideas" fell on deaf ears.

For what it's worth Camping World was going to order the pan kit from -
DOMETIC.  The same Dometic number I called, they called.  Camping World was
set to charge me big bucks for a plastic pan none of which would ever be
worth over $100.00 as they quoted me.

See? It was an air-conditioner replacement with the original that was the
problem.  I'd like to know if anyone has had a Dometic Penguin
air-conditioner installed by Camping World and didn't have to wait AND be
charged *shipping charges* just so they could do the job they tried to sell
to you.

Anyone else?

Tom
WBCCI 5303