Re: [VAL] Magic Chef Oven

Steve
I looked in my manual for the 1973 year AS. If yours is the
same, there is a fairly complicated alignment procedure that
will allow what is essentialy a two stage pilot to operate
properly. The service procedure begins with turning off the
gas at the bottles. This may just be a safety thing or there
may in fact be no shut off just for the wall oven. Since
accessing behind and below it is difficult, that makes sense
to me.

Frankly, I would suggest you take your trailer to a good RV
repair place or find a gas service guy to come look at it. I
doubt parts switching will fix it unless you know how to
calibrate and allign it.

In addition, I most strongly urge everyone to let pros work
on gas systems. Mistakes can destroy the trailer and you.

Daisy