Re: [VAL] Saniware Toilet

Chuck,

I second Bebe on this.  On the Saniware "Swirl-o-matic" toilet on our 1960 Pacer
(don'cha just love those 60s trademarks!), what you see is what you get.  The
pedal operates the flapper valve between the toilet bowl and the black tank, and
the "shutoff valve" beside the toilet, underneath the vacuum break, is all that
controls the water.

I personally like the manual water control, as it allows you to control the
amount of water, which is important when you only have a 7.5 gallon black tank
like we do in the Pacer.  The only problem is that it takes full water pressure
to get a good "swirl", and that takes opening the valve a turn or two.  One of
these days I am going to replace the water valve with a quarter-turn ball valve
so you can give it a brief spurt of full pressure to flush.  Might even put a
Victorian-looking porcelain handle on the quarter-turn valve so it would "look
like" the flush valve rather than a shutoff valve. . .

Best regards,
John Sellers
WBCCI/VAC #1587
1960 Pacer