[VAL] Armstrong AC

Thanks Dr. J for the explanation on the electrical circuit.  I think I
have located the starting relay, but not sure.  In the cavity of the
compressor, with a snap off cover, there is a capacitor (non moveable
with 3 leads) and a stubby round apparatus, about the size and
configuration of an auto signal light flasher.  It has two leads, a
large wire in and a smaller wire connecting to the larger capacitor and
I am hoping the smaller one (removable)  is the starting relay as it is
easy to get to and replace.   I have looked elsewhere for a starting
relay to no avail.  After the holiday, I will get someone with more
savvy on ref to take a look.