RE: [VAL] Armstrong AC

Ned,
I replaced both of mine last year.  I found them at a motor repair place
here in Tampa.  I'm sure most large towns have the same type of place.  I
also found the parts at Granger but the price was significantly higher and I
would have had to find a retailer to order them for me as they only sell
wholesale.  I believe there were in the $4 range each.  They are pretty
common and should not be difficult to find.  My smaller capacitor was not as
small as the auto signal flasher you described.  It was smaller around than
the large oval one, but almost as long.  Mine was removable although it was
kind of "glued" in place with some sealant.  I also had to change my fan
motor which was more difficult to find.  We finally found one but had to
reverse the shaft to get it moving in the right direction and have a long
enough shaft to fit through the top of the rig.
Good luck
Pete