Re: [VAL] '66 Caravel Roof Vent

    Tony,

    My '69 Caravel had a 3/8" hole drilled into the side wall of the vent on
the curbside.  Gerald suggested that I drill out the pop rivets of the inner
skin on that side of the frame to look for 12 volts.  Sure enough there was
a loop about 18 inches long taped there by the factory.  I used a couple of
Marilyn's sewing needles to penetrate the insulation and applied my
multimeter to it and got the power I needed.  I know yours is a '66 but
maybe is was a shop practice to bury wires there for future use even when
yours was made.

    Now if your vertical hasn't been predrilled, it might not be a bad sign
that there isn't still power in there, so why not try Gerald's great idea
(thanks Gerald) to remove the few pop rivets and poke around there?

    No sooner do I say this than I noted today that a 1969 Overlander is for
sale on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50063&item=4552322963&rd=1
and a close look at the image of the overhead fan shows the switch protruding
from the screen frame on the STREET SIDE, so go figure.

    Good luck,

    Glyn