[VAL] Just a general question about awnings . . .

HI All,

I have a 1974 Argosy 22 has a past use awning on the curb side that needs
replacement.  Tried to look at Camping World, but the near $1000 cost makes
me want to try some much less expensive.  Does anyone know of an economical
replacement?

At present, I must tie a rope to each arm to pull the awning down as I don't
have help to do the task.  Seems that there should be a tape  in the center
to equalize the pull and extend the awning.  Is this something that may have
broken loose many years ago?  I'm thinking to put a web strap that will roll
up with the awning and solve my problem.  The old awning might last another
year with something to ease the uneven tension.  Don't know how much more
duct tape I can stick on the end tears to keep the thing together.

I'm off to a Cowboy Action Shooting event hear Atlanta, GA on Sunday, so
information might be too late to do much about my problems.

An unrelated question is regarding setting up a dishnet satellite dish away
from home.  When I put a direction board aligned with the lnb arm, I now
subtract about 20 degrees from the dish pointing info.  Is there another way
to  do a manual pointing of the dish.  Once I have the azimuth, I can
usually get the elevation and skew within reason to get a signal.  Only took
two weeks to get the first tune.  Had to do that by looking at the shadows
on the roof top dish to get the headings.  Kind of important as my wife is
handicapped with the beginnings of Alzheimer's and needs something to do
while I must be away from the trailer.  Most likely I'll need to get
something automatic, but for now I can't afford the cost.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Totally unrelated, I used a moly based wheel bearing grease that says it can
be used for wheel bearings.  Anyone have experience with this type of
grease?  All the bearings looked fine, but I used a different kind of grease
previously.  Washed all the old grease out, of course.

Hmmm, seems like I've stockpiled lots of questions.  I'm now using a Honda
EU2000 to run all appliances except the AC.  Of course, I need to choose not
to use several  high amp simultaneously (microwave/coffee).  I'm thinking to
get a second EU 2000.  Has anyone used two EU 2000 hooked in tandem to power
the typical roof top AC?  Might make 26 to 28 amps.  Or, do I need to go
with something like the EU 3000.  Not strong enough at my age to handle much
more weight than the EU 2000.  Sure would like some info about this.

Hopefully there's lots of experienced campers ready and willing to provide
some information.

                                                      Regards, Joy T Brew
                                                      '74 22 Argosy,
                                                      '69 Safari