Re: [VAL] CB channel while traveling is ?

Tom,

If you'd like some professional advice from a radio (Federally licensed
radio communications) engineer, either email me off-list if you feel the
discussion may get too technical for the list, or follow-up on-list, and
I'll give you the basics of how these antennas work and what they need
to see mount, feedline, mounting surface, and ground-plane wise to have
a reasonable pattern and acceptable performance.

Keep in mind that almost any wrong installation can be made to work, but
getting good performance requires a bit of planning. And you're on the
right road to that. "Properly" is a subjective term. Let me know how
well you want these antennas to work, and if you are hoping to get the
maximum performance out of them. If not, what amount of degradation are
you willing to suffer?

Let me know what the manufacturer and model numbers of the antennas are
that you purchased and I'll take a look at the design and specifications
and make some environmental determinations we can then discuss. You
might also let me know what equipment you plan to use to feed these
antennas.

Rick Kunath
WBCCI #3060