[VAL] SaniWare Toilet

Hi gang,

From what I understand on the Saniware toilets I have a spec sheet that has
one that has many features and one listed as a "manual" toilet.  Here's the
situation with mine, I open the water valve leading to the toilet and it fills
up, and fills up, and fills up till it overflows if I let it.  The flap will
hold water fine, it's just that there doesn't seem to be any moving parts that we
can see that stop the water from flowing.  It does have a hole in the rear of
the bowl mid way up that seems to be an overflow but it doesn't do anything
purposeful that we can tell.  Does anyone have an older Saniware toilet they
can tell me about?  I'm also not sure whether this is a hybrid of some sort, the
PO seems to have had a problem getting that metal clamp between the porcelain
top bowl to the plastic bottom mechanism, it doesn't seem to go all the way
around and he had to use lots of project glue to get it to stay on there.  I
can send pics to anyone that thinks they can give me some feedback on this.

Do I have to open and close the water valve each time, it's not a problem,
it's just that I keep harping on my boyfriend to fix it and it may not have a
problem....please advise.

Bebe
62 Tradewind
Lafayette LA