[VAL] Riv-nuts are an answer

Patti:

    Herb's excellent riv-nut suggestion can be combined with my approach
for a much stronger mount.  Here's how.

    Instead of using 4 pan head sheet metal screws going into 4 new
holes drilled in your inside wall, as I suggested, you can install a
threaded riv-nut in each of the 4 locations.   Thread a small hex head
bolt (having the same thread count and pitch as the riv-nut) into each
riv-nut.  These threaded bolts in the riv-nuts can be adjusted in and
out much more precisely than can the sheet metal screws I suggested,
resulting in a tighter and more secure mount.

    Make the keyholes as I described in the back of the magazine rack
side but now to fit the hex head bolts that go into the riv-nuts.

    In other words, use the riv-nuts to hold the small hex head bolts
onto which the keyholes mount.

    Herb's suggestion is a great improvement over my initial approach.
But buy and have on hand all the parts before you begin the project.

    Disclaimer: I have not yet used riv-nuts in my trailer, so I may not
be accurately describing the type of bolt that screws into them.  But I
imagine a small hex head bolt can be found which will thread into a
riv-nut.

Fred C.