[VAL] 66 Caravel Electric Issues

I know you've all been presented with this issue many times previously, but
I'm a new owner of a 66 Caravel and experiencing electrical issues beyond by
scope.

 Plugged into shore power, I have 110VAC to the wall outlets. Whether the
toggle switches on the aluminum box under the couch are set to Shore or
Battery power...
1. I have no voltage to the two wires which connect to the battery.
2.  I have no voltage across the two fuses, which are good, on the aluminum
box.
2.  I have no voltage to the wires going into a light accessible from inside
the bathroom closet next to the toilet.

In essence, I have no DC voltage.  I've hooked up a new battery and still
have no lights or DC power anywhere when I flip the toggle switches to
"Battery".  The circuit breakers in the above named closet are on, and don't
trip. I guess they're 110VAC.

Before I spend $200 on a new converter, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks,

Tony in Sonora, CA