[VAL] Sewer Valve Repair

    I got the back bumper and plastic storage device removed and I can
see the Black tank with the Black tank valve very clear. I started this
task because my Black tank valve rod had come off the valve. I used a
vice grip and tried to pull the control out letting the water I had put
in the Black tank run out. But it would not budge and no water was
coming out.

    So I sprayed some penetrating oil at the valve control shaft and
waited 20 minutes. Then I was able to open the valve and the valve
control shaft was at it's fullest out position. The water in the Black
Tank ran out into my bucket.

    I inspected the shaft and it was very rusty. Two Phillips head
screws held on a steel piece the shaft went through and I took that off.
There was a washer in the shaft and I got that off. With Crockas cloth
and oil I took off all the rust on the shaft. I then ran the shaft back
and forth using 30 weight oil that was carried into the Valve control
area. It got easier and easier to turn on and off the valve. I put the
washer back on and then the steel thing and attached the control arm
that sticks out the back of the trailer, and now with just normal
pressure from my hand I can open and close this this valve just like the
Grey water valve.

    Both valves turn clear on and clear off with just the one hand
pressure on the control rods. They are both working fine. And I will not
need to buy new ones and cut out the old. A huge savings in cost and work.

Karl NM