[VAL] The REAL Facts 1976 Airstream rear bath

    I called the nice people at Oasis in Tucson, AZ and talked to 2 VERY
knowlege people who made good sense the entire way. First they have all
the plumbing parts I will need to replace both tank valves and the
plumbing that goes to the outside. I can see all this from the back
after taking off the back bumper, and taking 4 pop rivets out of the
plastic thing and taking that out and being able to clean it up is a
god-send. It is filthy from oil and such things.

    So no hole cutting in the steel or such thing. I thought that would
be a hard thing to do. Gatting the 6 screws out of the bumper was bad
enough...:-) I used a lot of penetrating oil and the last one was
removed with a cold chisel.

    I have got a lot of bad information from this list. I asked with the
title 76back bath and got several answers that are totally wrong!

    This email is the truth because I just did it this afternoon. Take
off the rear bumper. Take off the plastic tray that is right behind the
bumper. Look at both valves and all the plumbing.

    This is a fine way to do things. Airstream has done this right.