Re: [VAL] pump/tires

Dave,

While I am not out quite as long at a time as you, I have just made it a
habit to fuel up at truck stops. Flying J is one favorite. They have special
RV islands with an air hose, water, dump, and propane right there next to
the fuel pump! No need to carry along an air pump for the tires, or go
looking for a place to dump!

BTW, my '60 26 footer, single axle, weighs in at under 5000# when loaded.
Load range D's are more than sufficient. (have been for the 25 years that I
have towed it!) I keep the tires at about 50 pounds and have not had a
problem other than once getting a cut on the valve stem creating a slow
leak. When checking tire temps they are never more than SLIGHTLY warm to the
touch, and they are always cooler than the tow vehicles tires, so I see no
problem.

Scott