Re: [VAL] Vent pipes

Hi all,

Thanks for the many thoughts on the smell.

In hopes of adding to everyone's store of knowledge on this
sordid subject, I will explain further.

I climbed up on the roof to chase leaks, and discovered that
the vent to the black tank is doing its job.

I crawled around inside the bathroom, ( well, inched around
) and see no reason to suspect the vent attachment place, or
any leak in the tank itself. And I will add that the seal at
the base of the toilet bowl was holding just fine.

The base of the toilet, where it attaches to the tank, is my
new suspect. What a dreadful job. The reasoning behind this
is that it only smells right after I sit on the WC, my
weight is apparently flexing things enough to let some
gasses escape. ( No rude comments, please.:}) When I get to
a place that has a sewer hook up, I will start on that
project and thoroughly clean the tank. And I will probably
consider some of the recommended tank additives. ( but not
the aerator unless it comes solar powered.)

Both Hunter and I have considered using the Sewer Solution
gismo, she actually has one. We are both parked far from the
outlet to one sewer here, and too low to pump up to the
other.  We would need over 100' of 3/4 hose to get there. We
also had some reservations about adding that much liquid to
a sewer system that was put in in the 70's.

Since the sewer outlet is below our beloved hostess' bedroom
window, we have other reasons not to go this route.

Since Hunter has a bigger tank than I do, my bucket brigade
was just to get me to when we both go and dump.

  As for the blue boy, I have two little ones, but they are
harder both to fill and to empty than a pail. I used to have
the big towable one, but it is not roadworthy enough to get
to a  dump site outside of a campground, and besides, the
two times I used it, people fell over laughing when I towed
it behind Darth Vader ( long bed, stretch cab turbo diesel
black Dodge 4x4 Pickup ).

On the subject of tank contents, since I don't put TP in
there, the great pyramid has not been a problem. When I hit
the road on May 2, I will probably put a few trays of ice
cubes in there to work.

Thanks to you all,

Daisy