Re: [VAL] Vent pipes

Dasiy,

Without going into too much detail, let me give this a try.  I suspect the
odor is caused by the black water tank going septic or anaerobic.

Black water is food for bacteria.  If free oxygen is available, aerobic
bacteria will take over and (in theory) cause no odor.  If oxygen is not
available, anaerobic bacteria will be present.  Anaerobic bacteria get their
oxygen from molecules containing oxygen and produce hydrogen sulfide as a
byproduct (the rotten egg smell ... and worse).

Perhaps someone that has actually had this problem will have a better idea,
but I have two possible suggestions.  Empty the black tank daily (rinse
occasionally).  Or, try to find some way to get oxygen into the black tank
(????? maybe a fish-tank bubbler? ?????).

Craig