Re: [VAL] Economical tow vehicle

Randy, thanks for putting words to my thoughts. Vanessa, the short of it is,
when looking at a vehicle get the tow rating of the vehicle (available
either in the owner's manual or go directly to the manufacturer with the VIN
#). Compare it to your trailers LOADED weight. This will tell you if a
vehicle is capable of the job. What good is saving a few dollars on gas
compared to a major repair bill?

PS when my parent's traded up to a larger trailer their old Suburban with a
350 was not up to the task (5 mph through the Eisenhower tunnel on I-70)
they opted to modify the old suburban (gear ratios and supercharge the newly
rebuilt 350) instead of purchasing a new vehicle ready to handle their new
heavier trailer. Didn't want to spend the money. BIG mistake. Over the next
3 years they ended up spending just as much on that old Suburban as they
would of with a new one. And then rebuilt/supercharged 350 died to boot
forcing them to buy another tow vehicle. And no, they were not full-timing.

Scott