[VAL] Economical tow vehicle

Vanessa, my respectful opinion is not to mess with your town car much; it is
not geared for towing ( I believe the tow rating is 2000#). Putting a
turbocharger on it would be good money after bad. Also, unless you are only
towing a few miles at low altitude with few hills, I wouldn't tow with a
Volvo either; they're not really built for towing more than 2000# either.
And when they break, it is very expensive. If you are on a budget, I'd
recommend a used truck or SUV. With so many folks leasing vehicles today and
the shock of high fillup costs, buying a three year old model with good
maintenance records could be the best deal available today.
Randy

Thanks for the Tip Randy,
I starting to think of pulling my 1989 Towncar out of the barn.  It used to
get 26 mpg on the highway solo  and it used to do well with my '58
Overlander.
I don't know if I want to put the money in it,  it needs some minor body
work
and a paint job among other things and I would want to start with a new 5
litre (302).  Out of curiosity,  has anyone tried a supercharger on a 302?
know that a Volvo with a turbo charger gets up to 35mpg versus 26 mpg for a
non
blown version.  I would think that the extra power would mean a lighter foot
on the gas and better milege.  Sorry for dancing around in circles folks
with
the ideas and questions!
Vanessa