Re: [VAL] Vanessa and 289 Fairlanes

> My Grandparents went on a caravan with Wally Byam in the fifties to Mexico
> and I remember they had a sales booklet titled the Airstream Story with a
color
> photo on the front cover of a yellow Willys Jeepster with a black
convertible
> top towing an early fifties Airstream Cruiser in Canyon Lands National
Park.

  I would love to see this sales book if anyone ever locates a copy. I have
a yellow 1949 Jeepster (with a white convertible top), but I cannot imagine
towing an Airstream with it. The Jeepster only weighs about 3500 pounds, has
a short wheelbase, and a flat head 4 cylinder engine that puts out under 100
horsepower. It does have a lot of torque and could certainly move an
Airstream, but top end speed of the rig would probably be 25 mph. However,
the Jeepster is a classic design (by Brooks Stevenson) and a very versatile
vehicle. We have great family movie footage of my mom water skiing behind it
in a swimming pool (using a long rope attached to the Jeepster located at
the other end of the pool).
 Jarrod