Re: [VAL] Romex

As far as I know there is only two types of Romex - indoor and outdoor which
can be buried in the ground without a conduit pipe.

Check Lowe's website and see what kind of wiring they carry as they sell it
in rolls which is a lot more economical than if you were to buy it as you
needed it.

You couldn't go wrong with the outdoor/underground capable Romex wired
throughout your trailer.  I wouldn't worry about who may get your trailer
later on as they won't even notice the extra 'care and consideration' you
chose to do when you re-wired it.  Believe me, no one is going to notice
much less pay you more just because you went above and beyond what was
needed.  Doing so is not really appreciated monetarily anyway - people
buying older Airstreams want a *deal* and could really care less what you
did for yourself as they won't want to pay for something you thought was
needed, etc.

I'm sure you'd do an excellent, first-rate job Forrest.  And you are right
about the extra weight, sure it's there but it's so minimal so much so that
it really won't even exist in the big picture should you ever decide to
weigh the trailer with the extra copper ground wire and without it.  No one
really cares as long as it's safety first you considered when you re-wired
the trailer.

In the end what you do is up to you, of course.  But worry about the next
owner and make today's job easier for him because you think they may or may
not want to do something with your work?  C'mon, now.  They could care less
about the work you did on the trailer way back when.  And that's the truth
hard as it may be to accept.

Why are you so worried about who thinks what later on as long as it's safe
for you today ???

Tom