RE: [VAL] Aistream factory aerial view? URL link here

>TerraServer is a neat service, but the data is getting very old, much of it
>hovering around 10 years and that is the reason the service is free.  The
>data has depreciated to zero value due to age.

Obviously (from my previous post), I disagree.

Percentage-wise, there have been few changes in this country as it is viewed from the air
in the last ten years -- and many of the aerial photos indeed are much newer.  Furthermore,
TerraServer is in the process of adding new and higher-resolution photos for those urban
areas which see the most rapid change.

Far from the data being of zero value, I use it all the time in my travels.  The only real
problem is that when you want really large images (for example, 2000 pixels square), loading
is *really* slow unless you have broadband connection.

No, I have no connection with USGS or MS.

           -- Lew #4239

'72 Safari
Still stuck in Ohio (again), but fantasizing with the help of TerraServer