Re: [VAL] Bowen heater valve issues.

    Tom,

    I'll check that orifice more closely to see if there's any restriction
there.  Maybe the darned thing works after all.

    That said, I'm pretty much committed to keeping the system as factory as
I can.  The crazy thing about all this is that the Caravel will never move
from the spot she's in right now but I want everything to work.  When I go
to the big trailer in the sky, Marilyn will sell someone a nice little '69
Caravel and be able to immediately drive it away on a trip.

    I wasn't too clear in my last post describing the cost comparisons.  For
me to ship the entire heater to Stockton CA and have the thermostat assembly
repaired will cost $150.00.  A new Bowen G6A7 water heater that the chap
says will look identical to the one I now have will cost me $287.98 plus tax
with the shipping included.  And I'm told that the new ones are identical in
appearance but for a white door, even the same size as my stainless ones and
easy to swap.

    I'll tell you one thing though, when our 50 gallon domestic heater
finally bites the bullet in the basement, I'm sure as heck going to get a
tankless demand heater like you have.

    Glyn