[VAL] Bowen heater valve issues.

    All,

    Well the summer weather has finally arrived (no more rain please) and
I'm starting to tackle some of the outside issues.  So today I I hooked the
garden hose to the Caravel for the first time since buying her 18 months ago
and to my shock and surprise, everything held, not as much as a drip
anywhere.

    So on to the Bowen G6A water heater.  I couldn't get the pilot to light
but could get a flame by turning the knob from pilot to open.  That lasted
for just a few minutes and then it flamed out.

    Does anyone know of a repair shop near me in the Santa Monica / Los
Angeles area that could look at the Robert Shaw valve?

    I can mail it to Duck Tec in Stockton CA and have it repaired for
$150.00 or buy a new one for a bit over $300 after taxes from them.  If I
could get it fixed locally, I'd have more pocket change to spend on other
projects.

    Is this rocket science (I don't think so)?  Can any stove repair shop do
the work?  Can I do the repair with a repair kit if available?  If so, where
can I get a kit?

    As always, thanks to the List for your endless help,

    Glyn