Re: [VAL] fresh water pump

Hi Dan:

I bought a SHURflo pump a while ago for a separate water system I carry in
the back of my truck.  I initially took the pump from inside the trailer
(also a SHURflo) and played around with that for a while.  It was a little
over 2 gpm as I recall.  Besides supplying water to the trailer while
boondocking, I also wanted to be able to wash down the trailer at the
storage place, where there is no water.  Also to fill the water system
before going out (water heater & plumbing).

So I ended up buying a SHURflo washdown pump that is intended to be used for
spraying off boats.  It is 3.5 gpm.  I put the original pump back in the
trailer.  The tank and pump work fine but I don't use them anymore.  I have
a 26 gallon flexible bladder tank mounted to a plywood frame that keeps it
from rolling around.  The pump is called a Blaster and is very durable and
sealed for outdoor use. It develops enough head to provide a pretty good
spray at the top of the trailer.  I plug it into either the cigarette
lighter or the aux 12 port on my pickup.

When using it for trailer water, I just run a hose from the pump to the
normal water inlet at the rear of the trailer.  The beauty of this system is
that when the 26 gallons runs out (~2 showers +) I can go get some more
without moving the trailer.

When home, I hang the tank and frame on the garage wall.  Works good for me.
Was about $100 for the pump at West Marine.  Is pretty quiet, just a little
b-r-r-r-r-t every time it pressures up (to 45 psi).

If you want to see this arrangement looks like, lemme know and I'll email
you a pic or two.

GQ '67 Safari
4082 in CA