[VAL] Happy endings

Some time past I had posted about our Classic Motorhome having the engine fail
at the start of our Florida trip this year. My post mentioned a battle with
the insurance company and here are the results. The engine failure was due to
the wrong oil filter being used when I had the oil changed right before the
trip. The owner of the shop admitted fault and turned it over to his insured,
General Casualty. After four weeks of inaction they turned down the claim
stating the failure was due to a "sudden oil pressure surge." My insured,
American Family then took the case and determined in one week that indeed it
was the oil filter. They have since approved a new engine to be installed in
our motorhome. The adjuster stated that almost any manufacture of a 1982
motorhome other than Airstream would have been considered a total loss with a
$16,000 bill.  He did his research and found how rare these Turbo Diesels are
and their value. Plus he is only depreciating the old engine 10% for the
50,000 miles it had on it.
Needless to say I am very happy with American Family Insurance. They stood by
when they really did not have to and now we will have our 1982 Classic on the
road again in short order.
Chaplain Kent