[VAL] Wheels and tires for 1960 Traveler

Hello all,

When I first got my 1960 trailer it had the original split rim wheels
and very old tires.  I opted for used wheels and tires ($40 total) so
that I could pull the trailer the 10 miles into town for any needed work
and save the expense of new gear while I worked on the trailer itself.

The trailer is almost complete now and so it's time to buy proper rims
and tires for it.

1. I'm far from any trailer/rv center and have only local resources
available.
2. I have a pair of 10 in. moons I want to use (thanks RJ).

Although I've tracked the many varied posts about wheels and tires I'm
still not clear about what I need.  Would you please tell me what you
suggest for a trailer this size and weight. I'd appreciate it.

I have understood that it's prudent to let the tire person select a
particular tire within my criteria because the tire business is then
responsible for the fit in the wheel well... Is that correct?

Please advise!

Cindy