RE: [VAL] Re: WBCCI acceptance of other trailers

Gary,

I know you and your Bubble would be welcome at any of our rallies,
especially the Rocky Mt. Vintage Airstream Rally this August 5th - 10th at
the Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, CO. See
http://www.wbcci-denco.org/2005VACrally/info.html for more info (shameless
plug for our event I know). Seriously though, you raise an interesting and
valid question. The problem with using a "blue lagoon" Tote-along as a
substitute black water tank is that it is only designed to hold sewage
temporarily. That is, just long enough to fill it, transport it to the dump
station, empty it, and flush it. It can be used to hold wash water for a
much longer time span, but a black water tank ought to be vented up above
your trailer. It has to allow air out as it is filled, and the accompanying
smell should be vented as high as possible (methane rises). That's not to
say it can't be done with a "blue lagoon" -- I suppose (stretching my
imagination here) a garden size hose could be connected to the Tote-along
with the free end elevated, say up in a tree, or by a pole? Then add some
chemical sanitizer/deodorizer to the Tote and you'd have yourself a
substitute black tank.

Forrest