Re: [VAL] Re: VAL Wally's original plans built trailers

Scott,
I would imagine that if the new Torpedo body was fitted to an old original
Airstream chassis and continued to be registered as an Airstream, it would
qualify. It wouldn't be called a 1935 but more likely what ever the chassis
year build date was.  This is called a "rebody" in the kit car world and
generally is considered to be the original vehicle with major body
modifications. I realize this is quite a stretch but it would be interesting
to see. Even Dr. Holman's trailer has had major work done to it over the
years, skinning it with aluminum some years ago is one that comes to mind. I
suspect the chassis & axle are not original either. Last time I saw it, the
wheels looked like 80's Chevy pickup.  Kinda like the old axe that has had
the head replaced three times and the handle replaced five times but it's
still Grandpa's axe. It would also be interesting to see a "rebody" akin to
the 36 Clipper. This is big business in the Kit Car world however scorned by
connoisseurs. There are far more Cobra's on the road now than were ever
built in the 60's.
Colin Hyde