Re: [VAL] Dump Valve

Ronnie,
Several years ago I purchased a '64 Airstream Ambassador that had sat
unused for a number of years and went through this same issue of a leak
at the valve and fitting as you describe.

What it turned out to be, the previous owner of the trailer had solved his
grey water disposition problem by letting it leak out a small hole he had
carefully drilled in the bottom of the tail piece after the dump valve about
an inch or so before the cap sealing it where the hose connects.
He controlled the leaking with a band of masking tape around the tail piece.

My solution, as the tailpiece is no longer available was to tap the hole and
use a small screw with a rubber washer. I debated about simply filling the
hole with epoxy however I often boondock where gopherholes are a
suitable solution so I decided to preserve the concept of the weep hole.

--
Mitch Hill - K1FH
WBCCI 21960