RE: [VAL] Goodyear Marathons ect.

I too have been following the thread on tires, and it is cause for concern.
One of the members of our unit, CJ Hahn, has done some research of his own
and offered the following to me today:

Trailer tires, especially those on dual axle trailers, should have rounded
outer edges incorporated into the tread design so that the tire will not be
as resistant to scrubbing. The rounded outer edges allow the tire to slide
sideways somewhat more freely than a Light Truck (LT) tire that has a more
square outer edge pattern. If a tire on a trailer resists scrubbing then
there is a greater likelihood of tread separation. The local wholesale tire
dealer in Denver is Premier Tire Terminal, 4650 Steel Street, 303-297-9555,
and they recommend "Transmaster" tire, with "hollow edges for cornering."

Forrest