RE: [VAL] lamp

Greetings Dan!

There is another alternative that Airstream utilized in
through the mid-1960s.  My '64 Overlander International was
equipped with both the standard "scare light" as well as the
optional porch light - - quite similar to household
fixtures, but it attaches to an outlet on the side of the
coach with a threaded device.  You can see photos of the
fixture on my coach (it is easily removed for travel and
there is a threaded cover that covers the outlet):

http://www.airstreamforums.com/attachments/gallery/files/8/2/7/porch_light_close_up.jpg

http://www.airstreamforums.com/attachments/gallery/files/8/2/7/porch_light_wide_view-med.jpg

It is controlled by a switch mounted beside the window over
the kitchen sink as well as a toggle switch on the fixture.
From what I have been able to learn, this option disappeared
sometime in the mid-1960s.

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado
Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)