RE: [VAL] Inverter/Charger

I'd recommend forgoing all of the batteries and associated problems and get
a nice quiet generator.  The Honda EU2000 provides me with more than enough
power for weeks on end with a single 12 volt battery.  I bought an optima
and it keeps on providing all the power I need with a short charge in the AM
and the PM.  It won't support A/C though, but if you really need A/C I doubt
the inverter will do the job.  While dry camping I get up in the AM and
start the gen and let it run during my morning shower and breakfast.  Then I
turn it off until I return to the rig in the PM.  I run it for about an hour
during dinner and it provides power for the computer, microwave, lights and
charges the battery.  It is only on for maybe an hour.  It is very quiet and
doesn't bother me or the neighbors and it is very lightweight.  The power is
clean enough to run the computer direct if necessary.  I've stayed over 7
days with this setup in the Utah mountains and never lost power to my heater
during the night - even when the temps got down around 18 degrees.
Pete