Re: [VAL] Wheel & tie question

Greetings Chuck and Lynn!

Welcome to the world of Vintage Tradewind ownership!

While it may not be the easiest solution, the safest
approach for a pre-Henschen axle coach is to have new wheels
matched to the specifications of an existing wheel-tire
combination that is known to fit the coach.  The 1960s
single axle coaches are noted for tight wheelwell clearances
so actual measurements of the coach involved can become
critical.  The wheels and tires can both be critical in
these circumstances - - with both of my coaches, I had my
Good Year dealer measure for the new tires and wheels on the
Overlander and the new tires on the Minuet prior to special
ordering the needed parts so that if they didn't fit upon
delivery it would be the responsibility of his personnel
rather than mine.

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado
Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)