Re: [VAL] Wheel & tie question

Hello,

When I picked up my 1963 Overlander, it had split rims
on it. The split rims had a positive offset of appr.
1.5in.
After i mounted my spare wheel set to tow it home, i
noticed immediately that teh 0-offset rims were much
closer to the inside, meaning 3in narrower overall. It
looked a bit cheesy, but it worked fine for  1200miles
or so. There were no clearance problems, neither
inside, nor outside the tire.
I am not sure if the 1960 Tradewind is the same, but i
thought I'd share my findings anyway.
I believe the 1960 Airstreams had leaf spring axles,
which might be totally different dimensions than the
later torsion axles.

Best,

Uwe

Uwe Salwender